Kitchen Command Center ~ Finally!

I started drafting up plans for my little Kitchen Command Center a few month ago ... and FINALLY ... I've finished! As I've said before, the hardest part about living in Europe and having a DIY addiction is actually finding the materials. This is one of those projects where I spent weeks trying to find the right materials and waiting for them to arrive. When all of my supplies came in ... I swear, the skies parted and a little beam of light glistened through my kitchen window ... I may have heard angels singing (or it could have been my iPod).

So here it is ...

Kitchen Command Center

Do you see the little ray of light shining into my kitchen? Yes, this was a happy day!

Our Kitchen Command Center features a Meal Planning Board, Dry Erase Note Board, Magnet Boards and Chore Charts ... it has everything we need to plan out our week.

The Meal Planning Board was originally inspired by Charity over at All Things Beautiful. I'll be sharing a tutorial for my Meal Planning Board later this week, so please stop back.

I divided our meals into 3 categories; "favorites", "fast", and "new"

I embellished good 'ole clothespins to display our meals for the week (Sun - Sat). I've shared a tutorial on how to make your own "Not Your Average Clothespins" here.

The fabric makes me smile ... and crave sweets.

A simple-to-make DIY Dry Erase Note Board for important reminders, "to-do" lists, and loving notes to the hubby and kiddo! The tutorial for this is also coming later this week but you can get a pretty good idea from one of my previous projects here.

My personal favorite ... the Magnet Boards and Chore Charts! I purchased these beauties on Etsy from a wonderful shop, Abbie's House. Now I know every DIY'er has that urge to make everything themselves, but I believe in supporting others in their artistry too. I {heart} handmade! When I saw these Chore Charts at Abbie's House, there was no hesitation ... they were clean, simple, and beautifully made. She was also so kind as to create two, custom "blank" Magnet Boards to coordinate with the Chore Charts I ordered. She's great ... go check her out!

I love them so much that ... you see the top Chore Chart titled "Jaime & Al" ... that's my Chore Chart (ok, so I share with the hubby ... but we know the truth)! So much cuter than scribbling out my chores on a piece of paper ... you're NEVER too old for a Chore Chart! :o)

Abbie's House has a cute selection of "chore magnet" bundles. This Magnet Board keeps all of our "extra" chores that don't have a home under the "to do" or "done" list for the day.

The 2nd Magnet Board is for general use. I clip up mail that needs to be taken to the post, permission slips, etc. I made large, 1 1/8" cover-button magnets in coordinating fabrics to match the Meal Planning Board and Dry Erase Board. You can find my Cover Button Tutorial here.

... and one last look at the Kitchen Command Center. It makes me smile every day!

Find out how I hung everything, here.

32 comments:

  1. This is so COOL & organized! So nice to have everything right in front of you! I really like the menu part-it would make approaching dinner time so much less stressful! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I love the whole center! I love how your menu board looks!! I'm glad to be passing on some ideas, and I am so glad you showed me your final product. Those etsy chore charts are awesome, I love chore charts:) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love this command centre! Especially the meal planner - great to have the meal ideas at hand in their respective pockets! Great work!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one lovely Command Center, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super awesome! I need some of those magnet boards, off to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the intro to Abbie's House! I am checking it out for sure. Great job. This is fabulous. Yes, there are other 'command centers' out there, but this is by far my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing!! Great job!! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! You did a fantastic job! I'm now a follower to see what else you make.... = )

    Angel @ www.EtownHooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, it looks great! I also live in Europe (France) and understand, it is tough to find stuff! I have been finding it lately, but man, they need a michaels or joanns or better yet, a Target! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh... I love this! thanks for linking to my delightfully inspiring Thursday party! Looking forward to seeing what you have for next week.
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! Can't wait to incorporate a command center in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this great idea!!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job - so creative and SO organized! I especially like your menu! So neat! I love to organize, too! If you want more fun organizing ideas, feel free to stop by!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you are very organized! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks sooooo gooooood! It is nice and bright! I love it! You are so much more organized than me! I'm visiting from Amanda's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely in love with this!! If you have good photos, I'd love to feature your Menu Planning board post as a Guest Post sometime soon. Let me know if you're interested. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Have fun finding some good reads, and I hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it looks great! I especially love the meal planning part, it can be so hard to think of dinners! THanks for joining the party :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO love this!!! I'm wish my board looked this great. Seeing this makes me want to get to work!! Great job!
    I'm a new follower....can't wait to read more!
    Trisha
    www.roundaboutshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's awesome! I'm a new follower and featured it on my blog today.
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this! ESP the menu board! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this! I have two boys on the spectrum and this would really help me get things together... it's a little scary just because I'm organizationally challenged... but I can't wait to try:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi
    Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us..We are having a Free vinyl Giveaway this week & would love for you to enter to win..Have a WONDERFUL Week!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wanted to let you know I featured this today! Come by and grab a button, if you'd like.
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this command center! I esp. like the menu. I will have to make a version of this for my family. And that fabric.....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, and now I follow you :)

    www.nuestrasaventurasentexas.com

    stop by and say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hands down, this is the absolute CUTEST Command Center I have ever seen. I am officially inspired to create one in my own kitchen!

    ourtaylormadehome.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is awesome. I love your menu planning idea. I may be borrowing that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great info and right to the point. I don't know if this is actually the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thanks in advance :)
    Speedo Women's Flipturns Dazed Maze Endurance Lite Clip Back 2 Piece Performance Swimsuit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts; I appreciate each and every comment!